HOW DO WE USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We only use and disclose personal information for the purposes that we have disclosed to you in this policy or at the time of the collection of the personal information, except as otherwise permitted or required by law. If for any reason we would like to use or disclose your personal information for a materially different purpose, we will obtain your consent before we proceed.
We may collect, use, and disclose personal information to meet the needs of our customers and for the following business purposes:
- recording and reporting on our products and related medical conditions, including reporting to regulatory and medical authorities and recording and responding to product inquiries, feedback, and complaints;
- understanding our customers and their needs;
- learning about our markets and improving our products and services;
- shipping product information or providing products and services to our customers;
- performing administrative functions such as accounting, billing, auditing, and collection activities;
- performing services and technical support for our products and services;
- ensuring and protecting health and safety;
- for analytical purposes to evaluate and improve our business (such as analyzing our products and services, researching, improving and developing new products and services, and performing market research);
- contacting you (including by way of e-mail- where we have been given consent), including:
- in response to your inquiries, questions, or comments;
- to safeguard your interests;
- to provide you with information about our products and services, or those of others, that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to meet legal requirements;
- in the case of health care professionals (HCPs):
- in connection with research and clinical trials that the HCP is involved with or that we believe the HCP may be interested in being involved with;
- to provide education, training, evaluation, and/or demonstration of products;
- to provide samples;
- in connection with conferences, symposia, expert panels, or other events with which we are involved or with which we believe a HCP may wish to be involved; and
- for complying with our corporate policies for expense reimbursement that require us to record the names and affiliations of attendees;
- in the case of patients:
- in connection with our patient programs, research, and clinical trials;
- communicate with the hospital, medical practitioner, or the health insurer of the patient in relation to the patient’s care;
- in the case of our contractors, distributors, or commissioned agents:
- in connection with our Business Purposes, including information to third-party suppliers subject to obligations of confidentiality;
- protecting our rights and property against fraud, unauthorized claims or transactions, and other liabilities;
- disclosing information to external service providers that we engage to assist us in the conduct of our business (these service providers will only be permitted to use that information for the purpose of assisting us)
- in other ways to which you are notified prior to collection or to which you have authorized.
In the event we disclose personal information to our service providers, we require our service providers to agree to contractual requirements that are consistent with our privacy and security policies and to comply with applicable legal requirements. We prohibit our service providers from using personal information except for the specific purpose for which we supply it to them or in any way that violates laws and regulations applicable to the personal information in question.
ImpediMed, and our affiliates, may disclose personal information as required by law, regulation, warrant, subpoena, court order, or regulatory or law enforcement agency or personnel, as well as in respect to a criminal investigation or to meet government tax reporting requirements. In some instances, such as a legal proceeding or court order, we may also be required to disclose certain information to government authorities. Only the information specifically requested is disclosed and we take precautions to verify that the authorities making the request have legitimate grounds to do so. We also may release certain personal information when we believe that such release is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of others and ourselves.
There are some situations in which we are legally permitted to disclose personal information, such as employing reasonable and legal methods to enforce our rights or to investigate suspicion of illegal activities.
Except as set forth herein, ImpediMed does not disclose sell and/or trade customer lists to third-party companies or organizations.